Herbs of Gold Zinc Forte and C
Is there anything zinc can\’t do?
Is Herbs of Gold Zinc Forte and C the best supplement for me?
I recommend Herbs of Gold Zinc Forte and C regularly for the following conditions:
- Improving immunity and relieving colds flus sinus allergies and recurrent infections
- Supporting reproductive health – especially sperm production (as they are very sensitive to oxidation and stress)
- Support wound healing of cuts and abrasions
- Supporting and improving digestive health and as a regular part of my gut healing program
- As a natural remedy for fussy eaters (see below taste bud production)
- As an important part of a treatment regime for those with ASD and ADHD
This is one of my favourite supplements because both zinc and vitamin C are useful in relieving symptoms for so many health conditions. Why? Here\’s a few reasons:
- Zinc is an essential trace element that plays important roles in growth and development the immune response neurological function and reproduction.
- Zinc deficiency is common in adolescents the elderly vegetarians pregnant and lactating women.
- Zinc is commonly used in the treatment of upper respiratory tract infections.
- Zinc provides relief from the symptoms of colds as well as reduce the severity of colds.
- Zinc is a powerful antioxidant.
- Zinc\’s role as an antioxidant is achieved through numerous mechanisms including protecting Vitamin E from depletion acting as an important structural component of the antioxidant enzyme superoxide dismutase and reducing free radical production.
- Zinc is required for enzymes and proteins involved in skin renewal.
- Zinc may help maintain a normal healthy appetite.
- Zinc is essential for taste bud production and normal taste sensation.
- Vitamin C is antioxidant by scavenging oxygen and nitrogen free radicals regenerating antioxidant Vitamin E and maintaining reduced glutathione.
- Vitamin C is essential for collagen production and healthy youthful looking skin.
- Vitamin C is essential for the formation of connective tissue which supports youthful looking skin and musculoskeletal health.
- Both zinc and vitamin C promote the healing of minor wounds such as cuts scratches and abrasions.
Each 3g contains:
Zinc (as citrate dihydrate) 30mg
Calcium ascorbate dihydrate 1g
– equiv. ascorbic acid (vitamin C) 826.2mg
Magnesium (as amino acid chelate) 5mg
Pyridoxine (as hydrochloride) (vitamin B6) 4.98mg
Does not contain added egg milk peanut soy tree nut or animal products gluten lactose artificial colourings or flavourings.
Naturally sweetened with Stevia rebaudiana.
Adults and children over 12 years – Take 3 level scoops (scoop provided) once daily mixed into water or juice or as directed by your healthcare practitioner.
Children 4-12 years – Give 1 level scoop once daily mixed into water or juice or as directed by your healthcare practitioner.
- Contains zinc which may be dangerous if taken in large amounts for a long period of time.
- Not to be used in children under two years of age without medical advice.
- If symptoms persist see your healthcare professional.
- Vitamin supplements should not replace a balanced diet.